Sunday, April 11, 2010

Watching The Masters

As I spend the afternoon watching The Masters instead of working on the yard/garden I have concluded that golf and gardening are mutually exclusive. It is totally true. My husband is a golfer and our yard has suffered because of it despite the fact that he comes from a long line of avid gardeners. Every time his father comes over he asks if we need to borrow his lawn mower. The fact that I don’t particularly care for manual labor has had an exponential affect on the state of our yard and garden also. My friend Joe mentioned that perhaps I should set up a web cam of my garden project so that his retired neighbors could watch my yard as they do his. That brought to mind a meeting of our neighborhood association when my husband was appointed to the snow removal committee and the woman down the street said "As long as it isn't the landscaping committee." That should give you an idea of where we stand with our yard/garden project. All I can say is "Go Phil Mickelson and Freddie Couples."

No comments:

Post a Comment