Friday, May 7, 2010

Alert the Media


While working in the front yard weeding the walkway and beds Hesitant Gardener's hubby stated that he really doesn't like doing yard work. Well alert the media! Who knew? While the Hesitant Gardener realizes the value of spending quality time with her spouse obviously he prefers 18 holes of golf to the joy of spending an evening pulling weeds in the front yard with or without me. Even the guy working on our back patio mentioned that he didn't look too happy out front mulching tonight. I myself like the camaraderie as well as the feeling of a job well done up to a point. But I must say that our efforts have paid off and the front looks amazingly better.
BEFORE
AFTER









Photos show the Salvia I planted last year as well as the lillies and some tall plant that starts with an "L" that my brother Robert planted for me. The skinny spears sticking up are garlic and shallots that Robert gave me also. Now I just need suggestions on what to do with the bushes that the Brown Bullet has pretty much destroyed and when do I take out the spent tulip foliage.


No comments:

Post a Comment