Saturday, May 15, 2010

Dreaming of Green




I am writing this while sitting in a hotel room in Columbus Ohio where we are staying for my daughter's State Cup soccer tournament but I am dreaming of green. I am amazed that I am actually thinking about getting home and doing some planting. My boys worked hard yesterday planting all of the hostas that we had salvaged and "hilled in". Our neighbor offered that we can have pieces of her 50 different varieties of hostas also so I think that will be what we do next weekend when I get back from Des Moines Iowa where I head to Monday. (By next weekend I will have been in 6 different cities in 6 states in 4 weeks and my get up and go has definitely gotten up and gone.) But I am happy thinking about having two weeks to get some flowers growing and some color in the yard and on the patio. I am especially happy thinking about getting to enjoy the beautiful new patio and the shade garden that we are in the process of planting. Now I just need to think of some ways to add some color to the shade garden. Ideas are welcomed.
I really was proud of Dwight and Bruce who worked really hard in the back yard right up until the moment that Dwight cut not one but two cable lines which knocked out our cable, internet and phone as well as our neighbor's. That kind of put a damper on the gardening roll we were on.






So it's Columbus Ohio tonight and Des Moines Iowa on Monday then home sweet home on Friday. I have dropped a couple of hints that what I would love as a late Mother's Day gift is to come home to a raised bed vegetable garden. Before we did our latest construction project I had a little kitchen garden in which I had grown tomatoes, peppers and herbs. There is nothing like the satisfaction one gets from growing something fresh and delicious and creating a delicious meal from it. We'll see if the hints paid off....

No comments:

Post a Comment