Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Rain Rain Go Away

I guess it is a good thing that it has rained non-stop back home since I am having to spend the week in Des Moines for work. I haven't lost any planting time and the plants that did go in the ground before I left are getting a nice constant soaking. It has thrown us way behind schedule but being out of town would have done that anyway. This way I am not tempted to go to the garden center and buy more plants until I am actually ready to plant some things. I did get my containers for the front porch which I had seen at Sam's a while back. There were two left when I went there on Monday so I think I hit the jackpot. Now I just need to get them filled with beautiful sun-loving flowers and greenery.
I think I still need some color in the back yard but it is the shady part and much more challenging to bring color into the equation. I did plant my zinnia seeds that I had harvested last fall. This year I decided to plant the zinnias in the back against the brick wall so they can grow up tall and fill in the area with a colorful display. I sure hope most of them germinate. I planted them Sunday afternoon and then it promptly started pouring and hasn't stopped raining for 3 days so I am not sure where the seeds have ended up. I will give them a few weeks to start germinating and hope for the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment