Saturday, June 19, 2010

Before and After ~ Area Below the Brick Wall


The Challenge ~ Make the area below the brick wall under a very large tree look beautiful despite heavy shade and very, very large tree roots rendering the ground hard, hard, hard.


The Result ~ Beautiful!

And I am proud to say that this area was completely my baby and it was all totally recycled plants that I used. Recognize the hosta? That was part of the big blue hosta we moved from the perennial bed (seen in the previous post). The liriope was saved from the border of the old bed which had the birdbath in it. Wow it survived over a month of being out of the ground. Actually I have to admit that Bruce helped me dig the holes for the liriope since the ground literally felt like concrete under the shovel. It hadn't been disturbed in a very, very long time....

I elected to put a planter with impatiens in it rather than try to plant in the hard ground around the tree roots. I think it works.



No comments:

Post a Comment