Thursday, June 17, 2010

Special Touches ~ The Fountain


The fountain was a special touch that I wasn't too sure about at first. When Andrea suggested we place a fountain on the large brick wall of the garage I was pretty lukewarm on it but Dwight was all for it. I kept picturing a mossy old stone fountain full of algae scum. Yuck. But Andrea was right - that wall needed something and a fountain seemed like just the thing.






Andrea picked one of the newest finishes which is rustic looking but more modern than a plain old cement fountain. The color of the fountain is set off well in front of the big expanse of brick.



We also ordered large flower urn planters in the same tuscan finish to coordinate with the fountain. We finished up the fountain area by planting ferns around it and adding lighting. It is quite pretty at night and the sound of running water gives some nice ambiance. I guess I can say I am digging the fountain now.


No comments:

Post a Comment